expired Unmetered Streaming Passes for between $5 - $15 extra per month @Vodafone
Vodafone Australia launched a suite of data-free streaming passes that will allow customers to add unmetered streaming of video, music, social and chat to plans for between $5 and $15 extra per month. Unmetered streaming on "Vodafone Passes" is capped at speeds of 1.5Mbps.
The Vodafone Passes seem to be an extension to Vodafone's unlimited data plans, now rebranded as "data that never ends". These plans start at $60 per month and offer 55GB of full-speed data, followed by unlimited data capped at speeds of 1.5Mbps.
Choosing a Vodafone Pass paired with a lower data Vodafone plan would seem to be a more affordable option for customers who want to access unlimited streaming for data-intensive activities on their plans.
The Vodafone Passes are divided into four categories:
- Chat – unmetered access to Facebook Messenger, Viber and WhatsApp for $5 extra per month
- Social – unmetered access to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest for $10 extra per month
- Music – unmetered access to Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer and Sound Cloud for $10 extra per month
- Video – unmetered access to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Stan for $15 extra per month
- Vodafone Passes come with a number of caveats and exclusions. While speeds of 1.5Mbps should be fast enough for social media, chatting, music streaming and SD video, users will not be able to stream HD video. In addition, real-world speeds may be slower than 1.5Mbps during peak times, and may also be affected by location and device capability.